The Fish Tank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome Big bear

3 posters

Go down

welcome Big bear Empty welcome Big bear

Post by Edieharper Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:37 pm

hi big bear and welcome to the fish tank, what are you keeping?
admin
Edieharper
Edieharper
Admin

https://thefishtank.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

welcome Big bear Empty Re: welcome Big bear

Post by Big Bear Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi Admin & everyone else, it's nice n cozy in here Wink I love joining new forums, it's difficult to follow when you start when they already have several thousand members! I saw the link for this on MFK, courtesy of Oscar n Redtail.

I currently only have a 5'x2'x2' with about 80 - 90 Malawi Mbuna cichlids, you name it, they're in there.

I've had that set up for about 4 years. I stripped my 6'x2'x2' last year (when moving to my new GF's smaller house, the things we do), that had 3 Tiger Oscars, 1 Jack Dempsey, 2 Lima shovel nose cats, 3 Bichirs, a Gibby plec and some more that I can't think of now...Doh!

I've another 4 tanks waiting to be resurrected when we HOPEFULLY move house before Christmas. I've also just bought a 7.5'x2'x28" including a sump for £100, I've got to fetch it on Friday....anyone feeling REALLY strong and free in the Chesire area?? Shocked

With the new house is a nice double length garage, ideal for an indoor pond for some big boys.....maybe Idea

On the dry pet side i also have 2 Dobermans and 11 chickens!

Anyway, nice being here guys.

Martin Cool
Big Bear
Big Bear
Tinfoil barb

Back to top Go down

Post by Edieharper Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 pm

That makes 2 of us Martin but then i only have 4 chickens which are light sussex, and yes i feel the same way thats why i never eally got into MFK it was just to big for me really, sound like you will have a good collection of fish and tanks/ponds in the future, im selling some mbuna atm if your interested they are maylandia Greshakie (sp probz) breeding also Wink
admin
Edieharper
Edieharper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Bear Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Well once we EVENTUALLY move (can you tell the stress and frustration i'm feeling!!) I plan to set my new 7.5 footer up for my Malawi's, Mbuna with their rock at one end and start adding some Haps and Peacocks. So at the moment I'm not adding, but if you hold onto them for a while Smile How big is your tank, what fish etc?

Yes MFK is a good site, but I joined in Sept 2006 I think and only posted an intro! lol!

Chickens, I have a couple of light sussex, a speckled sussex, an australorp and 6 hybrids,all laying well.

So admin, where are you from?

Martin Cool
Big Bear
Big Bear
Tinfoil barb

Back to top Go down

Post by Edieharper Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:25 pm

im from staffordshire --- cannock --- heath hayes im working on getting bigger and generaly more tanks but space and money is an issue when your only 15 Sad i have a tank in my bedroom which is 3ft x 1ft (back) x 18-12" up? which has a set of 4 breeding malawi's and a pair of convicts, one big anyoying hybrid lol 2 pleco's and one random clown loach.
and i have anoth 3ft tank which is 15-18inch back which has 2 baby RTC's in which are for sale (hint hint lol) 1 pleco and 2 jags did have a couple more fish in but you know what RTC's are like Wink
admin
Edieharper
Edieharper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Bear Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Admin wrote:im from staffordshire --- cannock --- heath hayes im working on getting bigger and generaly more tanks but space and money is an issue when your only 15 Sad i have a tank in my bedroom which is 3ft x 1ft (back) x 18-12" up? which has a set of 4 breeding malawi's and a pair of convicts, one big anyoying hybrid lol 2 pleco's and one random clown loach.
and i have anoth 3ft tank which is 15-18inch back which has 2 baby RTC's in which are for sale (hint hint lol) 1 pleco and 2 jags did have a couple more fish in but you know what RTC's are like Wink
admin

I can imagine that your RTC's had a bigger smile that day, how big are they now? How much? I'm surprised your cons haven't killed any Malawi's yet, they may well do if, or rather when they breed.

I'd lose the hybrid malawi. When you say Jags, do you mean Jaguar cichlids?

Martin Cool
Big Bear
Big Bear
Tinfoil barb

Back to top Go down

Post by Edieharper Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:36 pm

ye im trying to lose the hybrid not because hes nasty or anything he just sticks out like a saw thumb lol. no the cons and the malawis both breed in harmony i no it sounds strange but they do, maybe every now and again they have a bit of an argument but most the time there fine, The RTC's are fine 1 is 14ish" and the other is 8-9ish" the bigger one pics on the smaller one and the smaller ones showing it at the moment but is still healthy and eating fine though, the bigger is forsale for 40 pound and the smaller for 30 pound either that or a swap for other decent fish, ye i mean jaguar cichlids when i say jags Wink
admin
Edieharper
Edieharper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Bear Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Wow, you have some potentially big fish in there! Shocked I'd be interested in the RTC's, but not until next year. What do you call 'decent fish' to swap?

Martin Cool

Do you need an african cichlid mod?
Big Bear
Big Bear
Tinfoil barb

Back to top Go down

Post by Edieharper Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:53 pm

I no lol Im not sure if i would be able to keep the RTC's until next year atleast keep them and keep them happy, well instead of decent i should have really said fish i want or would like for example someone offerd me some tiger shovel nose which im in the process of now to see if he will be having them and yes you can be the african cichlid mod as we do need one and you seem like a decent enough bloke.
admin
Edieharper
Edieharper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by synodontisjack Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:46 am

welcome big bear!
synodontisjack
synodontisjack
Common Pleco